Sunday, March 1, 2009

IWAN



I. Want. A. Newborn.

Crazy as it is, I going to have to join Shawni's club. At first I thought she was crazy, but when I went to disneyland this weekend with just my Saydie(8) and my Dax (5) I kept seeing these teeny tiny newborn babies...and I wanted to join that club. Bad. I wanted to have one of those things strapped to my chest, her little legs and arms flapping in the wind. I wanted to put her in the stroller and do laps around the roller coaster because she wouldn't sleep. I wanted to have to stop and sit in the shade to nurse her. I wanted to get out the bottle and talk the coffee guy into giving me hot water so I didn't have to get water out of the bathroom (gross) for her formula. I wanted to snuggle one of those things right up into my neck where they love to fall asleep and then wait for MY arms to fall asleep. I know it's hormonal and this feeling will pass, but for a minute there I really really really W.A.N.!

I have to keep telling myself, it's not my turn. I got to do all that good stuff, and I loved every minute of it (I think...) I KNOW I did with Addie. I knew I would never get those baby moments again, so I savored every second of every minute of every feeding and every rocking and every fussy, crying, throwing a fit yummy goodness. I still watch her and try to consciously burn her every cuteness into my memory so I don't forget it. Ever. Needless to say, Addie is horribly spoiled...I can't help it. I just wish I could reverse time to do THIS over again.



(SIGH...)
Not that I wouldn't miss these dance moves...



(Warning: This is Kinsey following Addie around with her PHONE VIDEO while Addie wanders aimlessly around the yard, dancing and singing a song she was making up as she went. It's a bit long and you can hear Kinsey snickering in the background, but I love the opening dance moves. A little bootie shake and a kick. Yeah, I'm pretty sure she gets those moves from her Dad...)

5 comments:

sherry said...

It says your vid is private and we can't access it. More difficulty witht he video "sigh". I really wanted to see Addy bust a move. You can borrow my newborn anytime. But I must warn you, you have to hurry. She learned to roll over today, and I am afraid she may start growing any second. I don't really want her too. It is so hard when you know there is no chance you will have more. BUt it would be nice to sleep through the night.;)

Margaret Proffitt said...

Glad you figured out the video thing because THAT was hilarious... all 3 minutes of it. Addie is such a funny kid.

cabrenchley said...

I love this post. I think we all have those feelings. It is hard to say that our newborn time is over. My baby is two and loosing her babyness every week. It makes me so sad to see her getting so big.

Brian and Staci said...

Oh sweet Addie :) I love the part...about 1/2 way through when she decides to get down on her hands and kick her leg up in the air...and throughout the whole video was continually singing about something :) Sweetness!

Amy said...

I SO understand what you mean. I am also trying to memorize everything that Cooper does and I am sad that he is already 2. Will I ever stop wanting that baby thing? Well, considering my pregnacies are from hell...and I can't have anymore kids, I think i am safe. But I love love love that baby time. Always have!