Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Most Outstanding!

The 7th Grade Cheer Season is over. Short? Yes. They had their little award ceremony and look what Kinsey came home with! No, they didn't all get one. There were two "Hurricane" Awards and ONE "Most Outstanding" -- We are so proud of this little bobblehead trophy.



Most girls make cheer and cannot wait to wear their uniforms. Not this girl. She did not love this uniform. She could not BELIEVE that they had to wear it to school on game day. What? (I asked her) the mock-neck bodysuit isn't comfortable?! Whatev.






While I'm bragging...the girls all had to make up a cheer for tryouts and they all liked Kinsey's so much that they used it at the games! You'll love this...

We are the Hurricanes
Watch us Spin.
Don't turn your back on us cuz we're gonna win!
Not just by a little,
We won't just squeeze by,
We're big, we're buff,
We're mean and tuff.
We're Highland Junior High!

I admit it, I helped her a little. I might have a recording of it but I don't know how to post it. She also made up a dance for half-time that they did at the championship game. It was cute even though they hadn't practiced it with the music and half of them had their timing off a little...but oh well, it's the 7th grade cheer team for pete's sake! Point is, Kinsey made up a dance and taught it to everyone! Woo hoo! I LOVE this girl.

2 comments:

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

Ummm... For future referance, I would love to see that.

McCall said...

WAY TO GO KINSEY!!