Thursday, January 8, 2009

Swear Word

I hit my grandma (MamaGinger)'s car today. Yes, I smashed it while I was whipping out of the driveway in GREG'S car because he had mine in Payson. I was ON the phone with Greg, and next thing I know. SMASH, CRUNCH, BANG - swear word.




Here she is pretending like she doesn't care that I just put a big dent in her bumper. La dee da, I'm just going to sit here and watch the kids for you while you crash into my UNMOVING car in the driveway.




I THOUGHT when I heard the crunch, that I had smashed in the whole side of Greg's car (that we just got fixed from my last run-in with an inanimate object...) but no, as luck would have it I hit her bumper with my turned wheel and I just put a few scrapes along the side of the Lexus. Lucky me.

This is even better, next day, driving down the street, minding my own business (texting on my phone) crash, bang, holy smokes! (no swear word, I'm getting too used to hitting things.) I took out a big road sign. Yes, a big one. Smashed it to smithereens. My poor, poor car.



I don't even bother fixing it anymore because I know that if I fix it, I'll just hit something else. Like a tree...yep, hit one while we were at the cabin. Backed into it while I was trying to get my phone to work after dropping it in the toilet -- tree has a little dent, car has a little dent (and phone works, shwew!).

I'm officially giving up my phone while driving. It has to be done.

The roads will be a little safer now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safer roads?!? Sounds like it's the trees, signs, and innocent by-standing cars that need extra safety...

Michelle said...

Oh my. But I'll believe it when I see it!!!!

Spence said...

Yeah, I don't bother fixing the little dings I put in my car any more either. I also swore off phone use when I rear-ended someone while texting--but I haven't stopped. Ah well.