Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Wedding China!



Hey, check this out, I have wedding china! It has never been used, ever. It was still wrapped in plastic. Silverware, goblets, everything...still wrapped in plastic. I think of the hundreds of dollars that could have been in use for the past 15 years. New skis, snowboard, annual lift passes...all sitting in the Garn basement. And look at that China pattern...at least it's not gold, ha ha! It reminds me of my wedding, you should have seen my bridesmaid's dresses.


See that look on Sherry's face? Doesn't she look happy to be wearing this little sailor dress?!



Here are the rest of the happy bridesmaids! Oh the things I would change if I could do this day again. For one thing, I'd hire a different photographer...my professional photos were all overexposed while being developed. Ruined. Every single one. The whole day is a big blur but I'm sure it was great. At least I remember the honeymoon...

Back to the China, we had a great dinner with my in-laws. They are in town visiting for Christmas. Special occasion, dinner at my house. And quite the house it is. The best thing about it is the pantry, and since the China is pretty much in my face every time I enter the pantry, it made it's short debut. Now, it'll probably be another 15 years til it sees the light of day. Sad but true. Coincidentally, my wedding dress is in my face every time I look in my closet -- trust me, it will stay there.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha! Check out those bushy eyebrows on us!!!

sherry said...

Sheesh, someone looks like a moody teenager. You couldn't post a pic with me smiling like a normal person;)I like your wedding china. It looks nice dressed up. Ours was pink and floral. Yikes!

cabrenchley said...

Those are not sailors dresses! I really had sailor dresses at my wedding, with hats!!!! So fun to see your blog!