Tuesday, January 27, 2009

China pictures I should have posted





China as in plates...not the country. I found these pictures on my "little" camera (I don't use it often) and big surprise, they are a bit fuzzy. Oh well. This is the dinner that I had with my in-laws in the scary house. Have I told you how much I LOVE to entertain in this house? I think it's the green linoleum that just sends me over the edge.

But, have them over I did.

The phone conversation went something like this "Hi Rebecca, Daryl is going to speak to your young men during church today so we thought we'd just attend all 3 classes with you." Great, I love having them visit...too bad I'm in primary. "Since we're there, we thought we'd just stick around for dinner, what time do you usually eat?" 5:00. "We are meeting with the Webb's at 4:00 so can we eat right after church instead" Sure.

I LOVE my mother-in-law. For many many MANY reasons, but right now because she will just call and invite herself over for dinner. So easy. No beating around the bush. Just the way I like it. I really would have invited them over myself if I would have thought about it -- just didn't enter my mind that they would want to eat at the scary house. "I" don't want to eat at the scary house. Again, the green linoleum. And the stairs in the middle of the kitchen. And the light fixtures. But hey, at least we were eating on my fine wedding China!

7 comments:

sherry said...

But it looks lovely. Even at the scary house. I love how they are all wearing coordinating outfits. You could have done family pictures;)

Brian and Staci said...

Heyyyyy!!!! Hellllo from Oklahoma!!! Okay...your blog is awesome!! Loved your Christmas pics...we didn't even send any out this year...losers :( Hope all is well with that beautiful family of yours! So, did you guys move?? I guess I need to be updated on "the scary house"! Glad I found ya! Can't wait to read more! My blog is lame-O--I'm so not creative and crafty like you ;) Tell Greg we said hi!

Dan and Jan said...

You know we are jealous. You are lucky to have them over anytime. And you are just the hostess to pull it off beautifully!

Michelle said...

I love the green linoleum. Actually, I don't even notice it when I come over. I'm too distracted by the stairs in the middle of the kitchen ;)

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

I think you should post pictures from your Christmas photo shoot. Those are sweet.

Noelle said...

Fun to look at your blog. I love your yard.

Has anyone tole you that your white font is hard to read? Thought you might like to know.

Brian and Staci said...

Yes!!! Don't you love the power of the poof...like magic...you click on the comment and it takes you right there!! I love blogland :) I mean, seriously...canNOT believe how old Kylee and Kinsey are!!! No trips in the near future to AZ :( We are building a new house and hopefully moving sometime around late March or early April (she says...fingers and toes crossed!) So, that kinda takes up any travelling money :( But we will FOR SURE call when we make it out!! Take care!